We're officially excited for summer and the addition of our Community Garden in partnership with University of Illinois Extension - DuPage/Kane/Kendall Unit! Seeds were planted by Spring Break Camp kids with help from U of I Extension Office Master Gardeners. In June, when Summer Day Camp kids arrive, they will tend to the community garden daily; learning in and growing with the garden all summer long. Making this summer the BEST SUMMER EVER! Join us, click here to start your summer camp adventure!
Why a community garden for Summer Day camp?
Below are just a few of the positive effects a garden has on kids:
• Encourages kids to eat healthier
• Provides engaging exercise and relieves stress
• Develops STEM abilities and introduces them to scientific concepts
• Teaches responsibility and patience
• Planning and organizing builds a sense of confidence
2017 Garden Plan