Summer Day Camp
From STEM activities to swim lessons, hiking trails to camp cookouts, the Y is here to create experiences that immerse your child in an atmosphere that inspires, builds confidence and creates a sense of belonging. When you count on the Y, you count on a summer of action and achievement all in a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment. Our programs help continue the socio-emotional, cognitive, and physical development of all youth so that every summer is their Best. Summer. Ever. JOIN US!
Kids enrolled in summer day camp at the Fox Valley Family YMCA have the best that summer has to offer right at their fingertips. With daily dips in our pool and use of our Aqua Track obstacle course, gymnasium, outdoor pavilion, and 17 acres of outdoor space to make the most of...whether that means practicing a talent show act with friends or grilling burgers for our Camp Cook-Outs.
Our summer day camp also offers enrichment programs in gymnastics, dance, music, and sports that will further enhance your child’s summer. Program instructors will safely escort children to and from any classes they attend. These programs are discounted for Summer Campers. So join us and make it THE BEST SUMMER EVER! Write your own adventure, build character, and make new friends along the way!
NEW! FOR 2017
- 2nd Location at Grande Reserve Elementary in Yorkville! Starting June 12th, kids will enjoy the same once-a-week field trip opportunities AND swim twice a week at Central Branch. Also, rates, camp information, and schedules included in this pamphlet will also apply to Grand Reserve.
- Group Text Messages to Parents by Camp Director - Sign-up for this feature at registration.
- New Field Trips - Bull/Sox Academy, FireZone, Smarty Pants Big Balloon Show, Santa's Village and more!
- Community Garden - In partnership with the University of Illinois Extension Office and Plano Community Garden, kids will learn to grow and maintain a garden that provides food for camp.
Y Camp Readers
Back again this summer, the Y is participating in an exciting new program called Camp Readers. Campers will explore reading through a variety of ways including independent reading, partner reading, staff read-aloud, thematic reading and much more. Let's bridge the reading gap together and make summer reading fun and engaging!
What can you expect from our day camp program?
- Professional, energetic, caring staff. All counselors are certified in First Aid, CPR and AED and many have experience working in our before and after school care program.
- Full-day care from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm with USDA approved lunch and two snacks daily.
- Daily dips in our indoor pool and use of our Aqua Track
- Camp Cook-Outs, STEM Activities, Huddle Groups, and more!
- Weekly Field Trips (Bulls/Sox Academy, Cyberspace Lazer Tag, Joliet Splash Station, and Silver Springs State Park...to name a few)
- Seventeen acres of outdoor space and a covered pavilion - for rocket launching, practicing a talent show act, playing soccer, or tie-dyeing
- Fully air conditioned 25,000 square foot indoor facility, with gym, and indoor pool.
- Camp t-shirt
- Age-specific ratios
- YMCA day camps are tax deductible and qualify for flexible spending
- Commitment to your child health, as we participate in the CATCH: Coordinated Approach to Child Health program
- 2 Convenient drop off locations
- Plus, YMCA Summer membership conveniently included in camp fee!
SCRAPBOOK: BEST SUMMER EVER 2016
what to bring to camp
- YMCA Day Camp t-shirt
- Change of clothes
- Backpack with name visible
- Swimsuit, towel and plastic bag for wet swimsuit/towel
- Water bottle with name visible
- Nut free snack/sack lunch (if needed)
Campers must wear closed toe shoes each day!
WHAT not TO BRING TO CAMP
(unless specified by the day's events)
- ALL electronics
- ALL cell phones
- ALL toys
- Soda and candy
- Sandals and flip flops (allowed for pool/water park field trips only)
K-1: Children entering Kindergarten or 1st grade
2-3: Children entering 2nd or 3rd grade
4-6: Children entering 4th, 5th or 6th grade
CIT (Counselors In Training): Children entering 7th, 8th, or 9th grades
DAY CAMP RATES
There is a one-time $35 registration fee for all participants. Free Youth Membership is included in our 3-Day and Weekly rates, as well as a free camp t-shirt, backpack, water bottle and weekly field trip costs.
- 3-Day: $100 YMCA Members / $80 CIT (includes Youth Membership)
- Weekly: $130 YMCA Members / $100 CIT (includes Youth Membership)
Payments can be made in person at our Central or West Branch, online, or can be set up for automatic drafts on a monthly or semi-monthly basis. Financial assistance is available and DHS subsidy is accepted.
You can depend on the Y to make sure that all camp activity areas are well supervised. As role models, camp counselors are selected for sound judgment, maturity, experience, enthusiasm and creativity. All employees are interviewed and go through a complete background check prior to being hired and are trained in CPR, first aid, and child abuse prevention.
The Y and our camp counselors are here to help kids flourish socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically. Rooted in caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility, our holistic approach works wonders, preparing kids for life, one fantastic summer at a time.
Camp is located at our Central Branch in Plano and Grande Reserve Elementary in Yorkville. Camp runs Mon-Fri from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm with programming from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Call 630-552-4100 for more information.